Mold is a toxic organism that grows in damp places. It not only makes your homes look ugly but also poses numerous serious health risks. Mold is problematic for any household, not just for cosmetic reasons but also healthwise. Typically mold can grow in any place like your car, home, or office. It may be any premise, it is very important to identify and get rid of mold as soon as possible as mold multiples at a rapid pace. Before you know mold can take over your entire home if left untreated.
You can be assured when you choose us for mold removal and remediation service. We at Duct kings strive to provide the best cleaning services to our clients. We not only have certified experts but also best-in-class tools, techniques and equipment and will leave no stone unturned in providing efficient mold remediation. Give us a call when you spot mold in your homes and we will take care of the rest.
Here are 12 common types of mold in Homes
- This is the most common type of mold found in households, it typically grows in space with moisture leakages like the bathtub, shower and sinks.
- Alternaria has a velvet-like texture and has deep brown or green hair.
- Since Alternaria is allergenic. This type of mold growth in homes can cause allergies and other respiratory problems to the residents. It is very much essential to remediate mold before it is all over the place.
- This kind of mold is very common worldwide, especially in American homes.
- It has a dome-like structure.
- Aspergillus has many species and hence it can be either colorless or have color. Color differs from species to species.
- This type of mold forms thick layers and is usually grey around the apex.
- Aspergillus also allergenic and is more harmful than Alternaria. It is capable of causing serious health problems like asthma, lung infections and respiratory tract infections. If you suspect this type of mold, please call us for professional help. We at the Duct Kings will leave no stone unturned to help you get rid of these deadly fungi.
- This type of mold is usually found in damp and moisture leaking areas such as beneath the carpets, behind the wallpapers, and on wooden surfaces.
- It is generally pinkish in color and turns brown as it matures.
- Aureobasisium is capable of causing skin problems like rashes, irritation and also can cause eyes and nails.
- This mold should never be touched with bare hands. If you suspect your home might have Aureobasisium mold growth, please never try to remediate it yourself, it can cause serious damage to your skin. Call us for a professional mold removal service instead.
- This type of mold growth is usually found in water-damaged areas like roof shingles, under the carpet and wooden surfaces.
- It is whitish in color and turns dark grey, black or brown as it ages. It can be recognized easily, as it causes the affected home to smell stale and fusty.
- This kind of mold is virulent and can cause neurological damage and weakens the immune system.
- This type of mold growth can be found in both cold and warm environments.
- It is usually found on fabrics, carpets, drapes, floorboards and upholsteries.
- It has a barrel-like branching structure. These species produce olive green, brown and black colonies.
- Cladosporium is also allergenic and can cause itchy eyes and nose, throat infections, asthma and respiratory infections.
- This kind of mold can grow even in colder environments.
- It typically grows on food and spreads from room to room very quickly.
- Fusarium is found in damp areas like under the leaking sink, basement, wallpapers and water damaged drywall
- This species is both allergenic and toxic. It is known to cause skin, ear, nose and throat infections, and also serious issues like bone infection, and can also damage the nervous system.
- This kind of mold growth is found in areas that stay damp for long times like the kitchen sink, bathtub and bathrooms.
- It is generally black in color and found in bunches.
- It is classified as an allergenic mold and can cause skin infections, allergies, weakening of immune systems and respiratory illness.
- This kind of mold is also found in areas with high moisture exposure like damp fabrics, curtains and HVAC systems.
- It is white in color with green speckles. It has a wool-like texture.
- This species of mold is known for damaging the building foundation. It produces an enzyme that damages wood, fabrics and other materials. It can destroy building materials as well.
- It also causes liver infections and other serious health hazards. Once you suspect or spot Trichoderma mold growth in your homes, please call us to save your building and its residents from the potential health hazards.
Stachybotrys Chartarum – Black Mold
- This species of mold is found in soil and grain, and also found growing on cellulose-rich building materials.
- It is usually greenish-black in color, the toxic variant of this species reflects a greyish hue, has a soot-like and slimy texture.
- Prolonged exposure to Stachybotrys Chartarum is known to cause respiratory issues, skin problems and brain problems like depression, anxiety, confusion.
- This variant of mold grows in places that are exposed to moisture for a long time.
- Initially, at a young stage, Serpula Lacrymans is white in color but turns to a brown or reddish-brown color on aging and has a sponge-like texture.
- This kind of mold damages building material and even damages building foundation, as a result, building collapses over time, not many adverse effects are seen in humans but it makes the premise look dirty and ugly.
- This species of mold is found in water-damaged areas, behind the wallpapers, beneath the carpets.
- It grows in warmer climates and grows quickly at room temperature.
- It is typically white or grey in color
- It looks like a sewing pin and is also called the pin mold.
- This mold variant is allergenic in nature, it causes itchy eyes and throat, blood infection and mild respiratory issues. One mucor mold species is toxic in nature, it can cause deadly fungal infection- zygomycosis, which can even lead to death.
- Penicillin is used in antibiotics synthesis, but one variant of penicillin can cause allergies and bacterial infections as well.
- It grows anywhere with high moisture content.
- It is generally greenish-blue in color and has a very smooth texture.
- It is also allergenic and can cause allergies like sinusitis, asthma attacks, respiratory infections.
Right after you spot mold in your household, or suspect its growth. Please make sure you call for professional help immediately for mold removal. When it comes to mold remediation, it is always a good idea to go for a professional mold removal service instead of doing it yourself. A professional service will help you identify mold, root cause and treat it. At duct kings, we have trained technicians and they know how to handle mold in the best way possible and also prevent it from coming back, which prevents future problems as well. It not only saves you time and money but also saves you from the hassle and keeps you safe.